Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lorrie Moore


I have been listening to The New Yorker fiction podcasts on my runs, and was blown away by the short story, Dance in America, written by Lorrie Moore. It was beautiful, honest, strange, intense, and unpredictable. At the end of the story, I felt like it all made sense, but if asked, I wouldn't be able to explain how it made sense.

Before bed that night, I downloaded her novel, A Gate at the Stairs. Last night, as I was reading, I came across a section of the book that was so powerful that I had to skim it, to read it quickly, in order to get through it. My heart raced and I wasn't able to get to sleep for hours after. Granted, it may be because I'm a parent, but I cannot remember the last time a book has moved me like that, so I thought I'd blog about it, and there it is - blogged!

I love her writing!

Rage, Rage

So, the month of March is a hard one for me. Abby, my sister, was both born and passed away this month, and then throw my 50 th  birthday in...