Thursday, June 17, 2010

half familiar faces


Have you ever seen a face in a crowd, and you swear you know the face, but it just doesn't completely match up in your memory? I recently had a similar experience, only with music. I was listening to Josh Ritter, my new favorite musician, and heard Bruce Springsteen, Ryan Adams, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Nick Drake and others. However, the music just didn't match up, and for that I'm thankful. Josh Ritter seems to be able embrace the spirit of great music while creating and maintaining his own musical identity. His latest album, SO RUNS THE WORLD AWAY is a musical masterpiece as well as a work of literary genius. Check it out...

Rage, Rage

So, the month of March is a hard one for me. Abby, my sister, was both born and passed away this month, and then throw my 50 th  birthday in...